Recent Posts and Articles
- 00:00 - Agenda.
- 02:23 - Status: bugfixes, 1.9 is almost release-ready, discussing various ways of showing/hiding content shapes.
- 22:37 - Daniel's (IDeliverable) PowerPoint demo: a suggested rehaul of the New/Content admin menu.
- 29:14 - Joshua's (Microsoft) and Zoltán's (Lombiq) demo: Azure Application Insights integrated into Orchard as a module, and it's open source!
- 1:01:43 - Almost every issue resolved for the upcoming 1.9 and 1.8.2 releases. We'll have an integration branch just for bugfixes and on Thursday's Developer Meeting we'll triage any new bug reports that might be preventing the release.
You can't base decisions on assumptions. What you can't measure you can't manage. Familiar? Of course, and what you want to do with your software is specifically what's hinted: measure how people use it. Azure Application Insights is a tool for this, being an application telemetry service. Now we created an Orchard module for it for easy integration!
Layouts is an exciting new Orchard 1.9 feature, enabling users to visually design grids and layout elements. The feature is fully compatible with grid systems such as Bootstrap. In this post, we'll have a close look and see how and what we can use it for.
The goal of this tutorial is demonstrate how you can create a custom Registration and Login screen using Dynamic Forms and Workflows without the need for a custom module.
Have you or a client noticed that sometimes you don't see any filenames associated with media library items in Orchard CMS? You will notice the names appearing and disappearing based on the device you are using's screen width. Here's a simple fix.
- 00:00 - Status: Localization fixes/improvements inspired by Brochard, Taxonomies performance fixes, Layout Editor is now officially ready for production, Deployment branch work-in-progress, bugfixes.
- 26:43 - Demo by Bertrand - DecentCMS: Orchard's principles implemented in Node.js! It's also open source, so contributions are welcome.
- 28:57 - Demo by Sipke: The Dutch governmental ministry for public health is migrating their website to Orchard with the help of IDeliverable! IDeliverable.SlideShows creates a Layout Editor element, content type and widget for creating slideshows.
- 00:00 - UberConference may be the final solution for hosting the podcast.
- 02:06 - Agenda.
- 03:20 - Status: bugfixes and improvements on the 1.x branch, Layout Editor updates, image editor now supports rotation, implementation for tokenized fields refactored to be usable as a jQuery extension. Currently there are 14 high-priority bugs to fix before 1.9.
- 16:35 - Demo by Daniel (Layout editor): adding elements refactored to a Workflows-like toolbox for easier use (with drag&drop). Drop targets are defined in a way that you can drop elements only where it makes sense and also, free space is used up first instead moving existing elements, but elements are resized if necessary. When moving elements, their target locations are now visualized more clearly. Resizing elements is possible with dragging their edges and holding the Ctrl key creates offset between adjacent elements instead of pushing/pulling them. Navigating between elements, resizing, moving and deleting them is also possible only by using the keyboard (arrow keys, Alt + arrow keys, Shift (+ Ctrl) + arrow keys, Ctrl + arrow keys, Del) and Space opens the element properties. Clipboard (Ctrl + C/X/V) is also supported at any level/element between any layout edited. Inline editing can be toggled for HTML-elements! There are a bunch of ideas for future features to make it even more awesome (e.g. responsive preview for different screen sizes).
- 45:59 - Nick started a discussion about ORMs and data storage/querying (check the notes displayed at the end of the meeting).
I am working on a software based on Orchard CMS. My module defines multiple content item types which reference each other. How to implement export and import for them?