Recent Posts and Articles
Officially, Orchard CMS does not support Mono. There are no promises and no known plans to make it compatible. But being an Open Source project, it encourages developers worldwide to give it a try.
- 00:00 - Agenda.
- 01:20 - #6397 fixed: Allowing the default tenant setting to be edited.
- 01:41 - There was a bug in TextFieldDriver regarding the TextField with a default value.
- 02:27 - #6554: Replaces #6535 to target 1.10, fixes the TextFieldDriver bug.
- 02:33 - #6490 fixed: Media Library: Removing the force reinitialization of Recent on page load.
- 03:05 - #6526 fixed: Unwrap TargetInvocationExeption when executing ShapeAttributeBinding. On Azure websites, if a TargetInvocationExeption is triggered, it will take down the application. Now it's intercepted by throwing the actual exception.
- 05:21 - Retrying on tenant startup. A delay on tenant startup has benne implemented, and this, and the number of retries can be set.
- 09:55 - #6523: Output cache route config.
- 10:38 - MultiTenancyFeature.cs has been updated.
- 10:55 - Shapes.cs has been updated.
- 10:59 - List.cshtml has been updated (fixing wrong CSS).
- 11:27 - #6572 fixed: Multiple TaxonomyFields with Autocomplete enabled causes terms to be added to empty fields on save.
- 12:25 - Discussion about branches.
- 16:16 - Adding correct ETag support and explanation on how ETags work.
- 18:55 - NuGet packages excluded from the source package.
- 19:18 - .pdb files xcluded from the web package.
- 19:49 - #6578 fixed: Fixing that the Taxonomies term admin index page should sort terms.
- 20:12 - 1.9.3 was merged into 1.10.
- 20:14 - #6572 fixed: Add only existing terms for the field.
- 21:11 - GitHub releases added for 1.10 and 1.9.3.
- 21:49 - Merge plan for 1.10.
- 27:00 - Should we accept commit attributions from a group account instead of individuals only? Discussion, explanation and Steering Committee vote to accept group account contributions: 5 supports, 0 against, 1 not present.
- 46:48 - In Orchard 2, Shape caching has been implemented. Menus are cached by default. For this reason, the active class doesn't make sense any more (if set on the server side, needs additional client-side code).
In this post we'll see how to write a custom Workflows activity that adds content items to a list. The idea is that when a content item is created, it automatically gets added to the configured list. this could be useful when for example setting up a form with Dynamic Forms that binds input fields to new content items.
I'm pleased to announce that after a year of procrastinating I've finally released a new version of Orchardizer with a couple of new features and more importantly, support for Visual Studio 2015.
Orchard adds RSS automatically to everything that looks like a list of content items: blog posts, of course, but also comments, projections, lists, search results, tags, etc. I’ve explained before how RSS works internally, but adding a new feed from code can look like a daunting task if you’re not an experienced Orchard developer. Fortunately, there is another feature related to RSS that makes it possible to create custom RSS without writing a line of code.
Check out the meeting notes with time links in the description of the videos.