Recent Posts and Articles
o 0:00 - Short intro talk. Orchard Core name will be used in the notes from now on.
o 2:37 - Avoid deleting terms twice just getting the root terms on Delete Taxonomy method (#7553).
o 3:09 - [Fixes #7497] Unwrapping of TargetInvocationException causes partial stacktrace loss (#7550).
o 4:22 - [Fixes #5596] Blueprint harvesting caching (#7549).
o 4:45 - Sad news: AMC is not using Orchard anymore.
o 6:12 - Flushing task deletion (#7547).
o [Fixes #7486] Possibility of exporting individual Form Submissions (#7495).
o 7:43 - Adding feature dependencies to OpenId module (#7526).
o 8:13 - Fixing redirect on tenants with URL prefix, fixes #4605.
o 8:42 - MediaLibrary: Fixing that removing TitlePart from a type with MediaPart causes the type to be unusable due to an implicit dependency, fixes #6047.
o 10:06 - Remove long obsoleted IRouteProvider.GetRoutes(), se #3177.
o 10:29 - Automatically adding MediaPart to content types if another part depends on it, fixes #4792.
· Status on Orchard Core:
o 19:20 - Updates on the 'csproj' branch.
o 21:52 - Quick mentioning the work on 'layers-bkp' branch.
o 22:25 - Work on the 'oauth2' branch.
o 23:02 - 'layers' branch has been merged. This contains 3 features: Flows, Widgets, Layers.
o 23:52 - MySql, Sqlite and Orchard Core.
o 35:15 - OpenId module in Orchard Core.
- - Merge remote-tracking branch 'refs/remotes/origin/1.110.x' into 1.10.2.
- - Framework: Fixing that a non-zero MaxPageSize site setting was not applied when the page size is 0 ().
- - Shipping of 1.10.2 is delayed a little because of a blocking bug.
- Status on Orchard 2:
- - Work on the 'oauth2' branch.
- - Bootstrap 4 alpha 6 update has been merged for the admin theme.
- - Reload tenant after saving openId settings.
- - More checks and IsLates in content manager sessions.
- - Start working on handlebars.
- - The work on the 'mvcless' branch continues.
- - 'csproj' branch updates.
- 0:02 - Fix the error that was preventing the load of the settings' views of the OpenId features (#7518).
- 0:10 - Merges.
- 0:14 - Fixing log typo.
- 0:29 - [Fixes #7348] Changed the SummaryAdmin view to have the same "New Translation" link as the Editor view (#7513).
- 2:18 - Glimpse was merged (#7502).
- 3:03 - Creating new issue: Ensure Html.ActionLink is not used with localization.
- 4:07 - Removed duplicated line in AutomaticDataMigrations.cs (#7522).
- 5:05 - Fixing that SpecFlow tests were not ran using the tools from the NUnit NuGet package.
- 5:13 - A quick note about Glimpse.
- 6:32 - Layouts: Removing incompatible (C#6) code.
- 7:02 - Framework: Removing unused file (ContentManagement\Handlers\IdentifyDependenciesContext.cs).
- 7:08 - Core:Removing empty folders.
- 7:11 - Users: Removing unnecessary file copied to the Users module (see UserResolverSelector.cs).
- 7:15 - Redis: Improving Redis extensions use of keys (#7532) (#5958 re-applied).
- 7:25 - Improving IsLocalUrl.
- 7:58 - Looking at TeamCity. The release of 1.10.2 is in progress.
- 10:56 - Form Submissions.
- 13:28 - Commenting under the related PR. #7495.
- Status on Orchard 2:
- 14:30 - Flow module is now in master.
- 15:20 - Orchard 2 and Visual Studio 2017.
- 24:42 - Layers module.
- 49:06 - Widgets and layers related performance discussion.
- 58:22 - Harvest News.
- 1:00:28 -NuGet Packages related discussion.
Please join us for our next Orchard Harvest Conference 2017.
February 21 - 22, 2017 (Tuesday - Wednesday)
The event will be held in New York, USA at the TKP New York Conference Center.
2 Days of Community, Networking, Speakers, and Social Activities
We are very excited about this event and look forward to welcoming members of the Orchard Project open source community from across North America as well as from around the globe.
For more information about the event, please visit the Orchard Harvest Conference 2017 website.
The installation of Orchard CMS is really fast and you do not even need SQL Server because Orchard CMS can run with SQL Server Compact. SQL Compact is great for development and small websites e.g. Landing Pages. In this post I will show how to migrate from SQL Compact Edition to SQL Server in 5 simple steps.
My favorite parts of Orchard CMS are the behind-the-scenes features that you don't hear too much about, like scheduling tasks, events, workflow, etc. These are incredibly powerful CMS features and most Orchard CMS Developers I talk to rarely utilize them to their fullest. In particular, I love integrating Orchard CMS with external services, especially using Workflow, because it is incredibly empowering to drag-and-drop various components onto a blank canvas to create something very rich and meaningful to your business. And, this morning, I live coded the Slack Incoming Webhook Component from scratch.
If you are having issues with bots spamming your forms in Orchard CMS but don't want to use CAPTCHA, an 'old school' method I used years ago was a honeypot form field.
TinyMCE is a great editor, but by default is not enabled the font size and font color select.The enabling of this two features is really easy.