Recent Posts and Articles
On the last (third) day of this year's Orchard Harvest we announced the results of the Orchard community's second module development competition, the Orchard Spring Harvest Challenge. The amount of submissions may be small ("only" 6), though in quality they certainly made up for it. The top 3 places are the following:
This is the third day of Orchard Harvest! The downside is that it's the last day, though it's really great that this is the first Harvest with three days (instead of two). Sébastien is today's keynote speaker sharing his long-term vision regarding Orchard. Sébastien also enumerates the important aspects of Orchard and its community, most of them centered around openness. To make Orchard better, we need to learn from other systems and communities! Click "Read More" to view our detailed report about all the sessions!
The second day of Orchard Harvest is on! Our keynote speaker is Damien Edwards, Senior Program Manager in ASP.NET talking about how to use AngularJS in ASP.NET. He shares a lot of pieces of knowledge on how to build powerful single-page applications with a small amount of code. AngularJS is a client-side MVC framework with a ton of features that allow you to write input-heavy UI with highly reusable code, it's actually quite Orchard-y! Click "Read More" to view our detailed report about all the sessions!
The third Orchard Harvest conference, held in Seattle, just began! Orcharders from all around the world gathered together at the Microsoft campus to share their experiences about their favourite CMS. Click "Read More" to view our detailed report about all the sessions!
- Poll about the necessity of recording the sessions at Harvest: the unanimous answer is yes, they should be recorded, despite the high costs.
- News about Orchard CMS on CMS Wire (scroll down to "Orchard").
- Status: some bugfixes in 1.8.x.
- The new, Orchard-powered ASP.NET blogs are live!
- Triage: 4 out of 291 issues reviewed.
- Status: Sipke is working on the extension of the Templates module and in the feature branch for the AuditTrail module, the OutputCache module has been improved by Sébastien, new feature branch by Sébastien for Shape Widgets.
- Sébastien's LoadTest application is available on GitHub.
- Demo by Sipke: Orchard.AuditTrail module, the work of IDeliverable for MS Open Tech. Exposes API that content parts can communicate with to log events related to them, e.g. content changed, role assigned to user, comment moderated and much more. Developers will be able to write their own providers. Discussed some possible features, e.g. restoring an older version of a content item.
- Localization updates by Benedek: investigating external tools that could replace the recently disabled localization tool. Transifex and Crowdin are good candidates, Eric suggested Mozilla's tool.
- Demo by Zoltán: Orchard Liquid module. Orchard module that incorporates the Liquid templating language as a view engine, which will be used for DotNest tenants so users can customize their sites much more.
- New Orchard websites: http://writersgarret.org, http://www.advantagecs.com, http://www.wowwoodys.com, http://aazop.de, http://www.euservices.com, http://www.kalpes14.gr.
Brought to you by: Orchard Hungary