Recent Posts and Articles
The second part of the day started with Sipke's marathon double-session about Orchard module development, APIs and also some general development (best) practices. In the end Sipke also showed some action-packed live debugging around an issue with running a recipe.
This is the 3rd part in a series of Orchard Module Development where we will be building a custom module that enables the user to create message templates that integrate with Rules and Tokens.
- Zoltán and Benedek have founded Lombiq Technologies Ltd. and Orchard Dojo where they are doing consultancy, training and eventually certification.
- Demo of Visual Studio snippets for Orchard
- Ken demos the new decision workflow activity that uses C# scripting
- Nick demos Markdown inline editing with autosave and collaborative features. Application to forums.
- New sites: http://jaystack.com, http://inkdup.com
- bug fixes
- Triage: 21 new proposed; 171 active on 1.7
- Orchard.OutputCache now integrated as well as all caching infrastructure. Memcached modules go to the gallery.
Brought to you by: Orchard Hungary
The image on my home page has been true the past couple of weeks as I've been battling SPAM on my blog comments like a super hero! This morning I deleted near 80 SPAM comments that were selling Prada handbags and Jimmy Chu shoes (wrong audience to SPAM with that kind of material guys). It was enough to prompt me to look into adding some sort of SPAM protection. Sebastien over at Orchard suggested ReCaptcha, but wasn't sure you could do it in v1.6. He was both right and wrong with statement. While it's not easily done by installing a module or adding a Part to a Type, it was possible by doing a little custom programming.
The purpose of this article is to introduce a portal solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM; The concept can be used on other business software + portal, such as ERP, SCM etc.
One of my customers wanted a very simple ad system. He wants to be able to publish ads via web, so they'll be reflected in his iOS native app built on top of Xamarin.iOS and MvvmCross. In this series of two posts, I'll be talking about how to expose custom Orchard's manager content via WebApi and take it from a client built with MvvmCross. So the first part, this post, is about the server side and soon I'll publish the client side.
- New websites: http://www.orchard.com.au/, http://daytonabikeweek.com/, http://www.aispro.com/ , http://www.10thdegree.com/, http://nato.hr/, http://www.comair.co.za/, http://www.go2see.ru/, http://cwrmobility.com/, http://telbru.com.bn/, http://www.lycia.it/, http://www.campbellskitchen.com.au/
- Nick demos inline editing again, this time convention-based. TinyMCE being integrated, not yet complete.
- Ken contributed a decision workflow activity.
- data migrations running transactionally now
- manage query permission
- fixed placement editor
- server garbage collection by default
- applying the right permissions on blogs and widgets
- the webforms engine is gone (but the support for other view engines is still there)
- ... and more bug fixing
- 213 active for 1.7, 12 proposed before triage. 221 after.
- Some of the non-critical issues will be fixed in 1.7.1, releasing a few weeks after 1.7
Brought to you by: http://english.orchardproject.hu