Recent Posts and Articles
- Sébastien made a demo of the new commenting and anti-spam features that are already in 1.x
- We did triage on about 38 bugs (27 are assigned to 1.7 after triage)
- Threads have been created for 1.7 feature teams to start working: http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/402154
Brought to you by: http://english.orchardproject.hu
- 1.6: Sébastien shipped this weekend and updated to solve the Dynamic Compilation issue
- 1.7: organize content in tabs, blog theme, custom layout, media management and processing, taxonomies in core, localization improvements are now in Trello. Adding workflow, calendar / events, inline editing, content deployment, versioning (incl. widgets), comment refactoring
- Piotr is suggesting adding a bootstrap-style UI framework to the admin. We already have jQueryUI. Let's add Orchard styles for jQueryUI for UI consistency
- Having a search bar that is always there and has immediate results, maybe autocomplete. Modules could contribute results (media, etc.)
- Admin UI could use some love as well. The content screen, the menu, tabs, etc.
- We'll start threads on discussions for each of those themes
- Sébastien to look at the comment refactoring fork (no threading or pagination for now, just refactoring)
- Let's do select all across the admin in 1.7
- New default theme: make it responsive. Should we use an existing css framework? Grid should at least use the same conventions as a well-known grid system. Tag cloud out of the box, using taxonomies (term cloud).
Windows Azure has a really nice feature that allows you to push deployments from a public Git repository on GitHub or Codeplex as well as push deployments from a local Git repository on your development PC. In the near future, Azure will support private Git repositories as well. You can easily use Git Publishing with Azure and an Orchard CMS Website with the addition of 1 file that needs to be added to your Orchard Website!
The Windows Azure Web Sites hosting solution is really a fantastic hosting solution. You might already know that you can even push web sites using Git, but lately this feature has been improved so that it can automatically pull an external repo you already own.
One of the most requested features on the Orchard User Voice is a Forum module. Internet forums in the conventional sense is just a discussion site where people can post a question, receive an answer or merely to strike up a conversation.
As you've probably read, we've created a generic scripting environment for Orchard, currently supporting PHP scripting (C# and VB coming soon) usable as an action with the Orchard Rules engine or in views with the PHP view engine. PHP scripting employs Phalanger to run PHP inside .NET. Since Phalanger currently lacks support for .NET dynamic objects it was not possible till now to modify Clay objects, that in Orchard are used mainly for shapes. This meant that e.g. you couldn't write proper shape overrides in PHP for display shapes that generally have a dynamic Model injected.
Orchard 1.6 is available for download.
Consult the release notes: http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Orchard-1-6-Release-Notes
Download it: http://orchard.codeplex.com/releases/view/90325
- 1.6 status & triage: RC shipped last week; 13 incoming; 7 active after triage for 1.6. We'll probably be able to ship 1.6 RTM this week. We'll ship when we're ready, even if it's Win8 day. Sébastien to check WebDeploy from VS 2010 and 2012
- Nick made a demo of forums
- Piotr made a demo of Signalr perf counters and fast shared remote drawing. Piotr wants to build live perf counter monitoring from the Orchard dashboard.
- documentation: there is an ongoing effort to refresh and extend the documentation.
- Harvest videos: 3 are on YouTube, 2 more will be added soon. We may get on Channel9 at some point. We still need help. Contact Bertrand if you have a few hours to spend on video editing.