Recent Posts and Articles
- Status: small changes regarding performance since last week.
- 1.8.1 will soon be released.
- Demo by Benedek: localization migrated to Crowdin. Please see the basic information regarding the usage on the website and check out the forums for up-to-date information.
- Nick is working on TinyMCE 4 integration.
- Demo by Olivier Stephan: OData module for serializing and exposing content.
- Shaun is making further progress with the test website for the new Orchard community website theme.
- The Harvest videos are ready and are currently being reviewed, so they will be published soon!
- 27 individual participants in the meeting, it seems to be a new record!
- We're still recovering after Harvest. :)
- Status: a lot of small fixes, Token-support for BodyPart added (in the afternoon on the last day of Harvest), some query optimization in a few modules, widgets are now draftable.
- Some of the Harvest session videos are already produced, they will be published soon!
- The ASP.NET blogs went down during the conference due to an error with Azure Cache, Sébastien hotfixed it and pushed it to production.
- Orchard 1.8.1 coming today or tomorrow!
- The demo for the new theme for the Orchard community sites (like http://orchardproject.net) has a demo site of pure HTML/CSS/JS created by Shaun Luttin and the repository is avaialable on GitHub.
- TheBootstrapMachine is released to the public (only the minified CSS yet), maybe it will be part of Orchard.
- New Orchard websites: http://www.bluesphereinc.com, http://www.myib.com, http://www.aaopt.org, http://www.bellight.com, http://www.msiuk.com, http://curelinx.com, https://madeclose.com, http://www.thefryecompany.com.
- Idea for a new feature on DotNest: setting up a few test websites with a nice theme and default content so newcomers can play with Orchard without any registration or commitment. They will be periodically reinstalled (~1 hour).
- Triage: 3 bug reports reviewed out of 299.
Recap of the third day of Orchard Harvest Seattle.
On the second day of the Orchard Harvest, we had the chance to attend great sessions with awesome speakers.
On the last (third) day of this year's Orchard Harvest we announced the results of the Orchard community's second module development competition, the Orchard Spring Harvest Challenge. The amount of submissions may be small ("only" 6), though in quality they certainly made up for it. The top 3 places are the following:
This is the third day of Orchard Harvest! The downside is that it's the last day, though it's really great that this is the first Harvest with three days (instead of two). Sébastien is today's keynote speaker sharing his long-term vision regarding Orchard. Sébastien also enumerates the important aspects of Orchard and its community, most of them centered around openness. To make Orchard better, we need to learn from other systems and communities! Click "Read More" to view our detailed report about all the sessions!
The second day of Orchard Harvest is on! Our keynote speaker is Damien Edwards, Senior Program Manager in ASP.NET talking about how to use AngularJS in ASP.NET. He shares a lot of pieces of knowledge on how to build powerful single-page applications with a small amount of code. AngularJS is a client-side MVC framework with a ton of features that allow you to write input-heavy UI with highly reusable code, it's actually quite Orchard-y! Click "Read More" to view our detailed report about all the sessions!